★Writer: Richard K. Moe
Behind The Anime
★Animation Production – Linden Films (Aiura, Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, The Heroic Legend of Arslan) and Sanzigen Animation Studio (Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Black Rock Shooter, The Heroic Legend of Arslan)
★Director – Yoshiaki Iwasaki (Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky, The Familiar of Zero, Love Hina)
★Writer and Series Composition – Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Monster Masume, Hetalia:The Beautiful World, Is The Order A Rabbit?)
★Character Design – Yui Hoire (Voice of Miss Monochrome)
Miss Monochrome is a cyborg who wishes to be a great idol like Kikuko, a popular idol. But unfortunately she is broke due to her so called friend named Mana who stole it. She then meets Maneo, a manager of a mini mart who helps her on her journey on being an idol. Being poor cannot stop Miss Monochrome from trying to be an idol. With her name now established in the idol industry, she continues her adventure to being a top idol. She has yet to reach Kikuko’s level but she continue’s to try to stand out more and more with the help of old and new friends.
- Story actually makes progress most of the time.
- Very lovely wonderful protagonist.
- Miss Monochrome’s passion to move forward is very admirable.
- Characters are cliche but are very likable. (Manager Maneo is hella funny).
- The cast is very important to the story. Miss Monochrome couldn’t become an idol without them.
- Has it’s own kind of comedy.
- Surprisingly hilarious moments. (Especially ones with Manager Maneo or Miss Monochrome).
- Even episodes that were random felt entertaining.
- Some touchy moments.
Directing, Animation, and Character Design
- Catchy opening and ending themes.
- Creative opening and ending themes.
- Was able to capture touchy and funny moments.
- Animation never really slips or looks that bad.
- Small ” Hacka Doll “ cameo!
- Miss Monochrome’s character design is lovely.
- Some on-going jokes are annoying. (Maneo is never totally confronted for taking Miss Monochromes money, Miss Monochrome’s “It was a joke” jokes can get tiresome).
- Some episodes that were random felt a bit empty.
- Lacked a very satisfying ending for the season.
★8.3★ You know I really like it!
Final Comments: Another season of Miss Monochrome has ended. When I think about it, Season 2 just went to Season 3 with no stop. I remember when I first saw the first season of Miss Monochrome about a year and a half ago. I never thought a Season 2 would appear, so how do you think I reacted when I saw a Season 3?! Season 3 is a vast improvement from the first one. It was very focused and went places. Although sometimes we hit the random episodes, it was still entertaining. Miss Monochrome is a good short series. Also, compared to the first season, it’s a bit longer! Just a bit, like three minutes. Even with the seven to eight minutes, Miss Monochrome Season 3 still stood out more and more compared to the past seasons. Miss Monochrome is an enjoyable, funny, lovable, and catchy anime! She also is a lovely, cute, beautiful, funny, confident protagonist! Miss Monochrome! I want to see you stand out more and more! Season 4 please! -Richard K. Moe
Here’s the opening theme for your viewing and pleasure! By the way, they kept Season 2’s song for the first part of Season 3. I didn’t put the wrong opening. Haha.