*Aside from reviews, this is a good time, to say this is a OPINION-BASED article.*
Here`s a list, of the BEST & WORST anime seen this summer. Based upon what was viewed personally over the summer-stream. One, is only capable of viewing so many series, per season. So please have some, respect.
We`ll go from worst to best. See, if you can relate, below!
*Reminder: These are loose reviews, with key-points and in no way, complete evaluations. Few series, we`re reviewed and we link to them.*
10. “GAME OF LAPLACE” -TERRIBLE-
“Game Of Laplace (Ranpo Kitan)”
- Ambitious to follow & tribute to a legendary Japanese-mystery writer Edogawa Ranpo.
- Ridiculous story telling. Cringe worthy moments & hollow mysterious investigations.
- Weak leading characters. With obvious traits, that tried to make them glow.
- Fixed “artistic” directing. E.G: Scene intervals, where characters are reviewing a case. In a stage-like setting.
9. “Snow White With Red Hair” – CLICHE –
“Snow White With Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayukihime)”
- Beautiful animation.
- Interesting setting.
- Copy & paste, cast.
- Generic storytelling of love & violence.
8. Castle-town Dandelion -BONE DRY-
“Castle-town Dandelion (Joukamachi No Dandelion)”
- Cast set-up. Large-family.
- Inconsistent storytelling. Tells, way too many side stories, instead of staying intact with the family.
- Plain across the board, all characters.
- Gimmicks & jokes, bone dry.
7. “GANGSTA” -FALL FROM GRACE-
- Setting is a token place. In a run-down & criminal based city.
- Lead characters, we`re something worth uncovering. Nico, a very special one of them all.
- Slow progression.
- Abundance of information, cues & suggestions. The story constantly spews; expecting us to, know what the hell is going on.
- Outdated animation. Low-quality coloring & artwork.
THE GREEN RUN
We are now, entering the green! THE SERIES THAT MADE IT THROUGH, THE SEASON! AND WERE COMPLETED!
HOORAY! THOUGH, THESE COME WITH THEIR OWN PROBLEMS! CHECK IT OUT!
6. “GOD EATER” -UGLY IN BEAUTIFUL SKIN-
EDITED IN 10/17/2015
Review, yet to appear, due to final episodes airing in the winter.
- Dynamic animation.
- Interesting concept & weapons.
- Weak connection between characters.
- Inserted -shock scenes- to get a rise from the viewers.
- Cliche characters.
- CG Mix of monsters, is odd.
5. “CHARLOTTE” -WEAVING IN & OUT DECENT-
Jun Maeda`s “Charlotte”
- With a lot of it`s ‘seen-many-times-before” features, “Charlotte`s” writers we`re able to find original ways to deliver the story.
- Slick & clean, animation.
- Irritating protagonist choices.
- Mediocre events.
- Disposed main characters. Useless, almost.
4.”OREMONOGATARI” -Too Many Mistakes-
“Oremonogatari: My Love Story”
- Resisted conventional Shoujo norms.
- Lovable cast.
- Powerful main character.
- Avoided other`s problems. Made their own.
- Animation quality, issues.
3. “GAKKOU GURASHI” -Small Lion-
“Gakou Gurashi: School Live”
- Character designs, vibrant colors & cutesy artwork.
- Premise, was something to look forward to.
- Morbid sections.
- Played the game safe, too many times.
- Inability to connect, with cast.
2. “HIMOUTO UMARU-CHAN” -FUNNY DARK HORSE (HAMSTER)-
- Fluid Animation
- It`s own methods of comedy & storytelling.
- Poorly executed episodes.
- Unfulfilled character episodes.
1. “WORKING!!!: SEASON 3” -Time To Close Up Shop-
A complete review, has yet to be released because of the last 1hr special. Which hasn`t aired.
- GRADE A, Almost realistic animation & character physiology.
- Closing up the story & a good job, truly.
- Funny, It`s own comedy, going on.
- A bit of overplayed comedy.