From: July 2014 – September 2014.
Chiyo a girl in love with Nozaki finds out Nozaki is actually a popular girls-manga artist. Chiyo finds herself as his apprentice due to his need for her skills to help him complete his manga. Nozaki recruits other members to help him in his work. Nozaki embarks on studies, around looking for reference for his ongoing manga series.
Back-drop & Fine-Points
- Based on the manga with the same name.
- The Director Yamazaki Mitsue, worked in (Bleach, Yuri Kuma, and Mawaru Penguindrum.)
- Script Writer Nakamura Yoshiko penned (From The New World, Bakumatsu Rock and Eight Dogs Of The East.)
- “Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun” contains an ensemble cast “all-star” of voice actors as lead characters. Including the voices of Accelerator, Milla Maxwell, & More.
- Izumi Tsubaki originally planned on Nozaki`s sister to be the main character and Nozaki as the infrequent appearing mangaka older brother.
ANIME REVIEW 1-12 EP
- Amusing, parodying shoujo animes. This is the unique counterpart that had the break-out success for “Nozaki-Kun”.
- Animation and coloring job. Vibrant design and cast. Never loses it`s touch.
- Characters are pleasant. A sweet time with these people.
- Barely ever outright break through laughing, just a few chuckles. No jokes make you crazy. It’s all transparent & drawn-out comedy. With a few minor exceptions.
- Never-takes itself seriously. When it could go somewhere. It instead will play that never-ending joke of “It`s not what you think, haha!”.
- Useless dramatic build-up, and no following story.
Final Comments: It is an amusing, lighthearted show. It was a fun thing to watch from here to there. The problem is that it never shows that it can be anything great. There has to be a high-chance of a second season & hopefully then will see improvements.
Watch The Preview Below
Featured Image Source, Art By: Kantoku