A Futuristic war is being fought by excelled humans against an alien life form. A Fire soldier Ledo, is shot down and lands in an unknown planet. Only to be the past Earth he read about.
Background and Interesting Facts
- Season 2 was announced. But then cancelled due to “unspecified” reasons. It was supposed to conclude the story of Leto.
- Plans to conclude “Gargantia: On The Verdurous Planet” in novel format.
- Concept and narrative is an extremely interesting one. Drawing me to actually watch a mecha. A Genre I’m usually not interested in. There is a turn towards the end of the show that is done well.
- Likeable characters. They are made generic but written originally.
- The show`s animation is solid. Never skipping off a beat.
- Characters and setting for the whole community is great, I really like the ethics they set for the characters and the placement of the story.
- The pacing is slow, they could have spent time pushing the story forward.
- The war the main character is fighting isn`t a very unique one.
- A Weak, generic and overpowered ending. That doesn’t make much sense. Also the story ends in a flash. (For Spoiler Reasons, I won’t list why I find it wrong.)
Final Comments: A Show with a good cast and great narrative. That just moved to slowly and decided to end the story like anyone else would. I definitely would be there in the case another season is ever made. Hopefully problems can be fixed and I know they can.
Check Out The Trailer and The Hard Workers Who Produce This Project, Below.
- Director Murata Kazuya, holds work in (Full Metal Alchemist: Star Of Milos, Code Geass and Eureka Seven.)
- Head Writer Gen Urobuchi (Psycho-Pass, Madoka Magica)
- Norimitsu Kaiho For 3 Episodes (Gunslinger Stratos, Guilty Gear X2
- Kazuya Murata for 13 episodes and directing (Gargantia: On The Verdurous Planet)
- Daishirou Tanimura for 4 episodes. (Kuroku No Basket, and Shining Hearts)
Production Work + Companies
- Animation work done by Production I.G (Psycho-Pass, Attack On Titan, C-Control)
- There are 23 Producers. Taoru Deji for Chief Producer (Steins;Gate, Aldnoah.Zero, Psycho-Pass)
- Production Committee: Bandai Visual Company, Bushiroad, Good Smile Company, Lantis, Nitroplus, Production I.G and Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation.
- Distributors: CrunchyRoll For Internet Streaming Rights (World-Wide), and Viz Media for Homevideo (USA)
- Cooperation from Bandai Channel, Bulblight, Dwango, Enterbrain, Kadokawa Shoten Publishing. CO, Lantis, and Studio Road